Top Moodle Questions
FIRST TIME LOGGING IN?
If you are logging into Moodle for the first time, download the handout below. It will walk you through the entire process.
Want to get familiar with Moodle without messing up anything in one of your classes?
Our Online Orientation page can help! Just go to the Moodle log-in page and enter one of the guest log-ins below:
There are 10 guest accounts. If you are unable to log in using one, try another.
This course lets you see what Moodle can look like (though each professor adds his/her own flavor). You can also practice taking a Moodle quiz, downloading documents and uploading assignments. If you have any other Moodle items that you would like to practice, suggest that we include them! Use the feedback form on this page to let us know!
Welcome to Moodle!
Moodle is the online course management system at Defiance College. If you are taking an online class, or if your professor wants to put any part of the class online, they will use Moodle to do so.
Here's how Moodle works:
1. Get on a computer and go to the Internet.
- It is highly recommended that you do NOT use Internet Explorer. There are several documented problems with IE and Moodle. Alternate program like Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox or Safari are less likely to have problems.
2. Go to the Defiance College website. There's a link to Moodle in the QuickLinks drop-down box.
3. Log into Moodle.
- As a students, your username is the beginning part of your email address. This should be your first initial, last name, and the numbers that follow (for example: asmith001, bjohnson002, cyoder005). Your password is the password given to you by Computer Services when you started at DC. It should be the same password you use to log into any lab computer or your DC email.
4. Access your Moodle courses
- When you log in, you are brought to the Moodle Main Page. In the middle section of this page you should see your courses listed. To access a Moodle course, simply click on the title/name of the course.
- You may not be seeing the right courses listed. There are several reasons why this may be happening
Frequently Asked Questions:
|How do I get to Moodle?|
|How do I log into Moodle?|
|Problems logging into Moodle|
|How can I change my profile information in Moodle?|
|How do I get to my course page?|
|Problems getting to course pages|
|How does a forum work?|
|How do I turn in assignments on Moodle?|
Please help us serve you better: if you have a question that is not answered within this guide, let us know! Fill out the feedback form below and we promise to get in touch with you as soon as possible.