Test anxiety is excessive stress that hinders a person’s ability to perform well before or during a test. Some suggestions for test preparation to reduce anxiety:
- Approach the exam with confidence.
- Be prepared!
- Choose a comfortable location to take the test.
- Allow yourself plenty of time
- Avoid thinking you need to cram just before.
- Strive for a relaxed state of concentration
- Get a good night sleep
- Do not go to the test with an empty stomach...eat something healthy.
Some suggestions for during the test to reduce anxiety:
- Read the directions carefully
- Budget your test taking time
- Change your positions to help you relax
- If you go blank, skip the question and go on
- Don’t panic when other student’s start handing in their tests/exams.