Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Defiance College Test Center is now open.
For your health and safety at our test center:
In support of your health and safety and the health and safety of our employees, we will follow recommendations from the CDC and World Health Organization for preventing the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we ask that candidates comply with the health and safety guidelines outlined on Pearson's COVID-19 webpage, including:
- To protect other candidates and staff, you will not be admitted to the test center and you should reschedule your exam online if you:
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have been in close personal contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis
- Have had any flu-like symptoms in the last fourteen days, including fever, chills, a cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath
- Are currently under fourteen days’ home quarantine or centralized observation demanded by government and healthcare authorities
- Defiance College requires you to take your temperature before you leave your home and if it is 100.4 or above, please reschedule your appointment.
- You will be asked to acknowledge that you meet the above health requirements and that you will follow health and safety guidelines while testing.
- Stay > 6 feet away from other people in the waiting area and during the admissions process.
- Please cover your nose and mouth in case of sneezing or coughing.
- Defiance College is requiring all candidates to wear a face mask. Candidates are responsible for providing their own face masks during testing. Face masks are allowed during testing, but candidates must briefly remove them to take the required candidate photo at check-in.
- Candidates may bring and utilize their own hand sanitizer. Administrators will inspect any sanitizer provided by the candidate before and after the exam.
- We are allowing candidates to wear disposable gloves during testing. Test administrators will inspect the gloves both before and after the exam, and the gloves will be disposed of in front of the proctor upon completion of the test.
- The door to the library at Defiance College will be locked, you must call 419-783-2490 upon your arrival and someone will come let you in.
- Only the testing candidate is allowed in the building.
Health and safety measures at Defiance College test center:
- Increase our cleaning and disinfecting regimens in between all testing appointments
- Provide tissues to candidates upon arrival at the test center
- Ensure candidates wear a mask during testing (candidate responsible for providing masks)
- Permit candidates to wear disposable gloves if they choose.
- Remind candidates to wash their hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon arrival at the test center
- Enforce social distancing recommendations
Director of Academic Technology & Online Learning
Library Room 123
203A Defiance Hall
Academic Support Coordinator
Library Room 200A
DC TESTING CENTER LOCATION:
lower level of the Pilgrim Library - Rooms 123, 124 and 126
DC TESTING CENTER HOURS:
Pearson VUE, CLEP, DSST, Residual ACT and Scantron Testing are available for scheduling on Thursdays and Fridays from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, the third Saturday of each month from 8:30 am - 3:00 pm, or by appointment.
Make-up testing for current DC students is available for scheduling Monday - Friday from Noon - 8:30 pm or by appointment and should be arranged with Brandon Ripke.
The primary objective of the Defiance College Testing Center is to provide all Defiance College students and community patrons with dedicated, professionally proctored services to meet testing and assessment needs. To meet the various needs of students and other offices on campus, the Testing Center offers make-up testing, accommodated testing for students with accessibility needs, professional/licensure exams for some of Defiance College’s degree programs, CLEP and DSST examinations, Residual ACT, and subject area placement exams.
For more information about each of the services, click on one of the purple tabs above.