LIBRARY BASICS TUTORIALS:
Pilgrim Library Video Tour (2019)
- A video created for First-Year Students in the 2019 FYE 100 course. View this to learn what's located where in the Pilgrim Library. The video does not reflect changes made in 2020 for Covid-19 configurations.
Pilgrim Library Website Tutorial
- A guide to using the Pilgrim Library's website to find what you need
Jacket Search Tutorial
- Learn how to use Jacket Search to find books, articles, etc.
Journal Finder Tutorial
- Learn how to use the Journal Finder tab
Course Reserves Tutorial
- How to find out whether something is on reserve for your class
Defiance College Catalog Tutorial
- Learn how to find a book or audiovisual item in DC's catalog.
Borrowing From OhioLink Tutorial
- Learn how to borrow a book or AV item from another OhioLink library
Interlibrary Loan Tutorial
- Learn how to request materials that aren't available in the databases or OhioLink's catalog
INFORMATION LITERACY TUTORIALS:
Selecting a Database: Starter Databases
- Highlights general databases that cover multiple topics
Selecting a Database: How to Find a Specialized Subject Database
- How to select a database that will contain articles and documents on one particular specialized subject
How to Narrow a Search
- Learn how to narrow a search that pulled up too many hits
How to Broaden a Search
- Learn how to broaden a search when you didn't find enough hits
DATABASE SPECIFIC TUTORIALS:
E-Books Tutorial Basics
- Learn the basics of how to search for and navigate the e-books available to DC students, faculty and staff.
E-Books Tutorial, Advanced
- See how to search for and use e-books from additional vendors besides EBSCO.
Electronic Journal Center (EJC) Tutorial
- View this tutorial to learn how to use EJC to find scholarly, full-text articles from over 11,000 academic journals.
CINAHL Database Tutorial
- Gives an introduction and examples for searching CINAHL to find journal articles in nursing and allied health.
JSTOR Database Tutorial
- Gives tips and tricks on searching JSTOR to find full-text scholarly articles
Nexis Uni: Finding Legal Information
- View this tutorial to learn how to find legal cases and law review articles in the Nexis Uni database.
Nexis Uni: Finding News Articles
- View this tutorial to learn how to use Nexis Uni database to find news and current event articles.
ACADEMIC WRITER TUTORIALS:
Academic Writer: Exporting References from OhioLink/EBSCO Databases
- Learn how to export citations from EBSCO databases into Academic Writer, which helps you write in APA style
Academic Writer: Exporting References from OhioLink/Non-EBSCO Databases EJC and JSTOR
- Learn how to export citations from non-EBSCO databases EJC and JSTOR into Academic Writer, which helps you write in APA style
Academic Writer: How to Enter Data in Your Reference List Manually
- Learn how to create references for your research paper from sources that can't be downloaded from the OhioLink databases, such as print books or a DVD.
DC ARCHIVES TUTORIALS:
DC Memory Overview
- Gives an overview of what documents are under which categories in Defiance College's DC Memory page, which offers selected digitized documents from the DC Archives
DC Memory Search Tips
- Gives tips on how to find the documents you need from DC Memory, which offers a selection of digitized documents from the DC Archives.